What To Do With Leftover Ham?
- Servings: Varies with ham use
- Prep Time: Each recipe determines
- Cook Time: Ditto to above
- Total Time: Same thing here
|All That Ham That You Have Been Trying To Use Up!|
|Below, i have listed a few suggestions|
|(ps - I Have The Recipes) Ask & They Are Yours|
If you've cooked a large ham for Easter or any other family gathering, you're probably going to have leftovers. Chinese recipes are a great way to use up leftover cooked ham.
Be sure to refrigerate the leftover ham within 2 hours and use within 3 to 4 days. Ham can also be frozen – for best results, use within 1 to 2 months.
1. Fried Rice With Ham is one of the easiest Chinese dishes to make - this recipe combines peas and cooked ham with Chinese seasonings.
2. Shrimp Fried Rice (With Ham)This dish uses only 4 ounces shrimp, in order to keep the shrimp flavor from overpowering the other ingredients. If you like, you can leave the shrimp out altogether and turn it into ham fried rice.
3. Stir-fry Egg Foo Yung
You can use cooked ham in place of the Chinese sausage.
4. Winter Melon Soup
Traditionally, sweet, delicate winter melon (Dong Gua) is both a soup ingredient and the tureen, as the soup is served inside the hollowed out melon. Intricate designs are often carved on the melon's outer skin.
5. P.F. Chang's Zodiac Noodles
Combines rice noodles with pork loin, ham, cabbage and shiitake mushrooms in a spicy Kung Pao-style sauce. If you don't have rice vermicelli noodles on hand, you can substitute spaghetti.
6. Shanghai Creamed Cabbage
China is not generally known for its creamed dishes, but in this Shanghai recipe cabbage is lightly coated with a cream sauce and garnished with chopped ham and scallions.
7. Chicken Velvet
In this recipe chopped cooked ham is used as a garnish.
8. Curried Turkey Dinner (Substitute Ham)
This quick and easy casserole combines leftover cooked meat with frozen broccoli and mushroom soup. The recipe calls for turkey, but you can substitute leftover cooked ham.
9. Ham Stuffed Turnovers
The recipe calls for steaming the ham, but you can also use leftover cooked ham.
10. Longevity Noodles
This simple dish is basically an egg drop soup served over noodles, with leftover ham and green onion for a garnish.