- Servings: four
|1 cup||Frozen Blueberries|
|2 tsp||Fennel Seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin Seeds|
|2 Tbsp||Balsamic Vinegar|
|½ tsp||Hungarian Paprika|
|Pinch of Salt|
|4||Boneless Pork Loin Chops|
1. Thaw blueberries in a small saucepan over low heat. Don't drain.
2. Toast Fennel and Cumin Seeds in a small dry pan over medium heat until seeds start to pop and aroma becomes intense. Be very careful not to burn.
3. Add cumin and fennel to blueberries.
4. Stir in Honey, Balsamic Vinegar, paprika and salt.
5. Reduce the mixture by simmering over medium-low heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
6. Remove and strain some of the sauce to use as a glaze for the pork.
7. Set remainder aside to serve with chops.
8. Heat grill to at least 400 F.
9. Sear pork chops on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
10. Move pork to indirect heat and baste with blueberry mixture. Turn and baste every few minutes until a meat thermometer reads 160 F.
11. Serve pork chops with 1 or 2 Tablespoons of blueberry mixture spooned over top.
Taste the blueberry sauce as it is cooking and adjust the honey and vinegar as needed. Very sweet blueberries may need a little more vinegar. Very tart berries may need a little more honey. Fresh blueberries may be used but mash them up a bit before making sauce.I use Hungarian Half-Sharp Paprika.