- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50
|4||Pork Chops, 1” thick, bone-in|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Optional: 1/4 Cup Cilantro or Parsley, rough chopped, as a garnish|
1. Take the pork chops from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a heavy frying pan on medium heat. Add the pork chops and quickly brown both sides. Remove chops from the pan and cover.
3. Add to the frying pan the mushrooms, onions and thyme. Saute until the onions are soft and the mushrooms start to brown.
4. Return the chops to the frying pan and add the beer. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to the lowest setting, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Place the pork chops on a serving platter and spoon out the mushrooms and onions and some of the liquid and pour on top. Garnish with the cilantro/parsley and serve.